Friday, September 21, 2012

DiMM day 7

We finished the week with an awesome scenario. Two members of our group had a "Mtn biking accident" and ended up about 150 meters down a very steep hillside on the side of guardsman pass. We rigged a system to extricate Scott, who was unconscious with raccoon eyes using full spinal immobilization in a litter with 3 attendants. This was a complicated extrication given it required two systems given our rope length wasn't long enough to reach the patient.

Later in the day we did high angle rescue with a horizontal litter. We did scenarios that encompassed both lowers and raises with the horizontal litter.

Overall this was an awesome course. I feel I have a much better concept of how to rig two rope systems and also do companion rescue.

Nick saves my life as I hang mid-cliff!

2012 DiMM Rock Class
I finished off my time in salt lake with some climbing on Sunday morning - awesome Mexican food at and another Mtn bike ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment