Saturday, October 6, 2012

Mtn Biking Around Pisgah



View from Black Mtn
October 4-6th -Mtn Biking:  Brevard NC

I had a couple of fall days off so headed up to Pisgah with Matt and some of his friends. (Most of mine bailed...) We camped at the Davidson River campground and got in a lot of miles on the mtn bikes.
Thursday evening we rode Black Mtn. I rode this trail numerous times in college and probably once or twice since then. I was really disappointed after lugging my bike uphill (both riding and hike a bike) for almost 3 hours - to find the trail was in such poor condition (washed out waterbars, huge ruts) that a lot of it wasn't rideable (for me atleast). The view was still great from the top!


Matt on NC slickrock
On Friday and Saturday we rode at Dupont State Park. The trails there have great flow - and plenty of climbing and descending to keep me very happy (and tired). It helped to have a semi-local (Allen) ride with us on Saturday - as he was a lot more familar with the fun trails!



Great couple of days riding. Can't wait to get up there again. Won't be long until all the leaves are changing!

No comments:

Post a Comment