Wednesday, October 17, 2012

High Angle Rescue Conference

October 17th, 2012

After spending the morning lecturing (Mike spoke about high altitude and his everest experience) and I spoke about cold injuries (which luckily I have no personal experience with) we headed out to do some high angle rescue demonstration with the residents.

Laughing or Screaming?
 Mike rappelled down and got his fingers stuck, so I rigged another rapell line, came down to him, attached him to my ATC via a cows tail (sewn sling) and managed to get his finger free. We then tandem rapped down my line.
 In the next iteration I rapped down to the stuck climber. I attached him to my ATC again. This time I had to rig a 3:1 to untension his rope to get him off of it. I did this with a prussik above him with a 3:1 with a foot loop for me to stand in.
Who will make it to the top first?








We enjoyed climbing the rest of the afternoon!

1 comment:

  1. That's some rescue...I have never been stuck in the middle of a rock wall, but probably not a fun place to be.

    ReplyDelete