Sunday, August 19, 2012

Advanced wilderness life support - new river gorge, wv

Advanced Wilderness Life Support: Riverman: New River Gorge, WV
August 17-19th

About 30 minutes after making it back to my parent's house in Charlotte from Seattle - Mike and Rose came to pick me up to head up to WV. My mom made a great dinner - and then we were off. Mike had rented a truck - and tied our bikes in motorcycle style in the back. Fitting as we were headed to WV :)

I really enjoy AWLS - its a great time to hang out with my friends from ACWM - plus meet many others interested in wilderness medicine. It really becomes a small community after a while. The new river gorge is awesome as well - great climbing, rafting and mtn biking.

We got in pretty late and settled in for the night. Our next day started with some local fare - from the biscuit place - some local culture too...

During the weekend I taught several small group breakout sessions and lectured about wound care. Got to boulder with Pat and Sean. Got to Mtn bike with Henderson and mike. More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment